Friday, July 24, 2009

So as you can see, Aaron is standing alone at our first stop. You notice that Kristen and Tony are no where to be found. I was starting to get a little worried so I called the boys back together and told them we should look for Kristen and Dad. We then started out on our search.
We stopped at the visitors center and purchased tickets for the 4:30 pm tour of the Cliff Palace. They also have a lot of free cliff dwelling area to visit on your own. We decided to visit an area called "Far View" an Ancient Farming Community on our own to use up some time before our scheduled visit. As we got out of the car, I thought Tony heard me say we should visit this building that was right in front of us first. I guess he didn't hear what I said and the boys and I went ahead to do some site seeing on our own. Above is one of the first pictures I took of Josh and Aaron visiting the site which was right by our car. We were able to climb inside of this building. I kept waiting for Kristen and Tony to show up to join us an they never did. We kept going and I started to get a little worried. Where was Tony and Kristen. I turned my back and they were gone.
Add ImageWe made it to Mesa Verde National Park on Tuesday July 21, 09. We stayed at Mesa Verde RV Resort which was really nice. Swimming pool and the cleanest showers, laundry, and bathrooms I have ever seen. The Park entrance was only 1/2 mile from where we were staying. One surprise though was you had to drive 20 miles through mountains to get to see the Indians cliff dwellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment